Friday 11 October 2013

Freshers 2013

I have purposely put off posting all of my nightly antics so I can recap them all in one big post... and here it is! Being a fresher has been one of the most strangest and weirdest weeks of my life. For example it is normal to start a conversation with a complete stranger with the lines of "Hi, where do you live?" Or "what are you studying?" Or one of the creepiest ways I've been picked up while out drinking was "You look like you're on the verge of having a bad night and a good night." I have no idea any of the words he said after that nor do I care but I immediately ran back to these people...


When he turned a handshake into a kiss on my hand. That picture is from the first night out, when almost everyone headed out. Sadly its now just down to one or two, but that doesn't make it anymore fun. Monday was Kids in Glass houses, Shy fx and Club MTV...





On wednesday it was the doritos Mariatchi band, where everyone dressed up...



And finally friday night was the freshers ball featuring Professor Green!!




and his supporting act... David Stewart


Overall it was a great week, I met loads of new people, tried loads of new things and drank a little bit too much. I experienced a 3 hour lecture with a hangover and got to sample uni life. I was so worried for nothing, at uni you're forced to make friends and it definitely helped that my flatmates are such nice people. I'm glad that every big event was followed by a smaller one (usually a quiz) so that I could get an early night and some decent sleep. Next week is proper lectures but if the rest of my 3 years are anything like the past week, then time will fly by. I definitely made the right choice in uni, and I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)