Saturday 31 January 2015

Jar lid diy for pretty jars used as cups!


I have noticed that I have started eating more "junk" food just because it is in the house and drinking more fizzy drinks just because they are quicker and easier than fetching a glass of water or a glass of juice from downstairs. 

To tackle this I have started filling my empty jars with water and putting them into the fridge to chill. Then every time I go downstairs, I get a jar and bring it back up with me. Because the jars are so big it usually lasts me until I need to go downstairs again and so I collect another jar from the fridge, refilling the jar I've just used and put it back in the fridge for next time. 

But while the jars are pretty with my cute pink straws...




The lids are not so pretty as they are just jars from pasta sauce etc that have been washed out. 



So I used some nail varnish to spruce them up a bit! I used Sally Hansen in 639 scarlet fever.




I drew a simple love heart but you can do whatever design you'd like. You can get rid of the date stamp in the middle like I did by rubbing it with nail varnish remover. 


Make sure you let it dry for a bit before refilling the jar with water and popping it in the fridge. If you don't like plain water you can try adding a few drops of squash or some lemon slices or whatever fruit you enjoy.


If you tried this let me know how you got on in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)