Monday 25 June 2012

Olympic Torch Sheffield...

I realised I haven't posted in a while, I thought I would be able to keep blogging and manage all the other stuff I have going on, but unfortunately university has had to become a top priority. It's a year away but already I can tell it's going to be a lot of hard work. Up until last month I had no idea what I wanted to do as a career, I didn't think my dad's method of just choosing what enjoy would get me very far in the future, but I've stuck with that mantra since GCSE options and have fully embraced it this year- looking into a variety of options including criminology, forensic science and crime investigative studies. It turns out there's over 702 courses in about as many universities dotted around the country, so I've been extremely busy (especially with my birthday being yesterday :D) 

Moment to shine- Olympic torch
....But I did manage to take time out today to see the Olympic torch go past in Sheffield! We had a great view of it going past the main roads but a less fantastic view when it was on the main stage in the town centre, because as soon as the torch appeared on stage all the parents hoisted their children up on their shoulders, blocking everything out, even the big screen! It was like a wall of parents with children swaying on their shoulders. Hopefully should be seeing the Olympic torch go past in Bolsover on Friday aswell, as it is meant to be within a 10 mile radius of almost everyone in the country. I think it's on its's way to clethorpes in the morning though...

Have you seen the Olympic Torch go past? What was your experience like?
You can find me on | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Google + | Tumblr | Email |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)