Tuesday 30 July 2013

Potato boats with cheese and bacon are the best after a long day in the garden!

First things first, I'd like to thank everyone who reads my blog for making my blog second in the up and coming personal category on bloglovin! If your not following me on bloglovin you can find me here.
I.A.L.B.P. is 2nd In the up & coming personal blogs category!
Today was spent doing general tidying in the garden- and then diving into the garage to avoid the rainstorms. When it wasn't raining and we weren't being pelted with flying bugs, the sun came out and me and Mum managed to clear the pathway at the side of the garage and put up a few fence panels. 

And after all that hard work (while Luke was off gallivanting and Kiera was watching Bones repeats) we were starving and I was nominated to cook tea. I chose potato boats with cheese and bacon which I'd seen many times in online recipes (next time read all the way through because even though its just potatoes you'll spend more time cooking them than eating them!). I didn't measure anything out and just did it by taste. 

They were delicious but next time I really would read a recipe before I started, so I'll give you the shortened version. In the microwave (because I prefer them soft and fluffy) I baked 2 potatoes each as they were only miniature ones, cut some cheese (I used mild cheddar) and cooked some bacon on the George Foreman (because I'm too nervous to cook with gas). After the potatoes were ready I scooped out the inside of the potato, leaving a little gap around the edge. A spoon, fork and knife were used for this as it was quite tricky- a fork to grind up the potato, the knife to cut a line around the edge of the skin and finally the spoon to scoop it out. I then put the scooped out potato into a bowl and added some butter (which obviously depends on your tastes and how many potatoes) before putting a spoonful of the buttered potato back into each potato shell. 

By the time I'd finished messing around and taking my sweet time, it was cold so I popped the potatoes with a little blanket of cheese (using a potato peeler makes it the perfect thickness) and shoveled them into the oven for a few minutes to heat up. After they were pipping I added the bacon and cheese cubes to the tops, before digging in. 

I served it with corn on the cob which had been roasted in the oven while the potato boats were heating up. And I had this cute miniature dessert as pudding, purely because of the mini spoon and glass.


I read every comment and every email, so please make it nice :)
You can find me on | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Google + | Tumblr | Email |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)