Monday 16 September 2013

Ice cream nails- I #9 Alphabet Challenge


I'm sure I've missed a week somewhere along the way but I'm so confused as to what day it actually is that I'm just not sure which one. Which is probably why I haven't been as blogactive as I still think its the same day!

And so, without further adieu, here's the letter I's how to... Ice cream nails!


First choose your topping colour (I chose a sparky dark blue), your cone colour (I opted for a simple white, which I then topped with a glittery cream) and finally grab a red for your cherry.

Then create a triangle shape at the base of your nail with the white, this will be the cone. Don't worry if it's not too neat it can be neatened with a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover later. 

Above the cone create 3 dots in a triangle shape in your topping colour. The more spaced out your dots are the bigger topping you will have, while keeping them close together will make a smaller area. Then fill in the area inbetween. Angling the brush to balance on one corner creates perfect dots and allows easy filling, if you have enough nail varnish on your brush. 


Leave to dry slightly before adding a dab of red with the corner of the brush for the cherry. When it is fully dry, swipe a clear coat over the top. Effortless and simple yet looks like it took forever. Job done.


Do you want to take part in the alphabet challenge?
- Send your name and blog URL to itsmejiawun@hotmail.com
- Further instructions will be given through email reply






You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)